Difference between revisions of "Simcoe Hops"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
Latest revision as of 17:38, 15 June 2008
Simcoe is best characterized as having a pronounced pine or woodsy aroma. It is a bittering hop ranging from 12 to 14% AAU that also imparts its characteristic aroma. The cultivar was bred by Yakima Chief in the USA. It is sometimes described as being "like cascade, but more bitter - and with pine."
- Typical Use : Bittering with Aroma
- Alpha Acid : 12 to 14% AAU
- Origination : USA
- Commercial Examples : Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
- Characteristics : Clean, Bitter, sometimes described as Citrus
- Styles : American Pale Ale, American IPA
- Similar Hops : none - it is "like cascade" but not enough to make cascade a suitable substitute.