A classic Weizen made after my trip to Bavaria - smooth taste with strong bananna and clove flavor from the Weizen yeast.
- Brewer: BrewWiki
- Style: Bavarian Weizen (Weissbier)
- Type: All Grain
- Batch Size: 5.00 gal
- Boil Size: 6.13 gal
- Estimated OG: 1.049 SG
- Estimated Color: 4.1 SRM
- Estimated IBU: 14.7 IBU
- Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.0 %
- Boil Time: 60 Minutes
5 lbs Wheat Malt, Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 4 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) Bel (3.0 SRM) Grain 0.50 oz Tettnang [4.40%] (60 min) Hops 0.50 oz Tettnang [4.40%] (30 min) Hops 1 Pkgs Weihenstephan Weizen (Wyeast Labs #3068) Yeast-Wheat
- Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, No Mash Out, Total Grain Weight: 9.00 lb
- Mash In Add 11.25 qt of water at 169.6 F Step to 154.0 F for 60 min
Simple single infusion mash. Some care must be taken to avoid a stuck mash (recommend hot sparge water). A great beer - needs to be aged for at least a month for the strong yeast to smooth out a bit. Strong yeast character dominates flavor.
- BeerSmith Recipes - Download many of my other recipes