Difference between revisions of "Brewers Gold Hops"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Latest revision as of 17:59, 15 June 2008
Brewers Gold is a complex bittering hop that is noted to have a sharp or pungent bittering quality. It also imparts a fruity yet spicy aroma as well as having a black currant characteristic. It is on the low end of the bittering hop scale at 8 to 10% AAU typically. Brewers Gold can be used in a wide range of styles from English Ales to German Lagers and adds a decidely 'European' element to the beer. These make a good partner to noble varieties such as Tettnang and Hallertauer.
- Typical Use : Bittering
- Alpha Acid : 5 to 10% AAU (variable)
- Origination : UK, Germany
- Commercial Examples : Pete's Wicked Ale
- Characteristics : Pungent bittering with spicy aromas
- Styles : English Ale, German Lager
- Similar Hops : Bullion, Chinook, Galena.