Belgian Blond Ale
Belgian Blond Ale is a moderate version of Belgian strong ale designed to appeal to European Pilsner drinkers.
Belgian Blonde Ale is a recent innovation on the older Belgian Strong Ale style. It was designed to appeal to European Pilsner drinkers and has a moderate strength but retains some Belgian complexity.
Medium body. Somewhat malty sweetness, but medium-dry to dry finish. Medium hop and alcohol balance. Light spicy/earthy hop flavor. Some candi-sugar sweetness. Light to deep gold color. Highly carbonated. Recent development meant to appeal to European Pilsner drinkers. Becoming more popular over time. A medium strength golden ale with Belgian complexity.
- Color Range: 4.0-6.0 SRM
- Original Gravity Range: 1.062-1.075 SG
- Final Gravity Range: 1.008-1.016 SG
- Bitterness Range: 20.0-30.0 IBU
- Alcohol by Volume Range: 6.0-7.5 %
- Carbonation Range: 2.2-2.8 vols
- BJCP Style Number: 18 A
- Belgian pilsner malt
- Aromatic malts
- Candi sugar or sucrose
- Belgian yeast strains produce complex character
- Noble Styrian Goldings or East Kent Goldings hops
- No spices
- Leffe Blond, Grimbergen Blond, Val-Dieu Blond, Pater Lieven Blond Abbey Ale, Affigen Blond, La Trappe Blond