Difference between revisions of "Anchor Steam Clone"
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Latest revision as of 04:06, 4 December 2006
An American classic. Anchor Steam uses a lager yeast fermented at ale temperatures, giving the beer a hoppy flavor and clean finish.
- Brewer: Mike
- Style: California common beer
- Type: All Grain
- Batch Size: 5.0 gal/19.0 litres
- Boil Size: 6.0 gal/22.7 litres
- Estimated OG: 1.051 SG
- Estimated Color: 12 SRM
- Estimated IBU: 33 IBU
- Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0 %
- Boil Time: 60 Minutes
- 9.66 lbs Pale Malt (2 row)
- 1.0 lbs Crystal malt (60L)
- 0.8 oz Northern Brewer hops [9.0%](60 min)
- 0.4 oz Northern Brewer hops [9.0%](15 min)
- 1 Pkgs California lager yeast (Wyeast Labs #2112)
- Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, No Mash Out, Total Grain Weight: 10.66 lb
- Mash In Add 11.25 qt of water at 169.6 F Step to 154.0 F for 60 min
Simple single infusion mash. One week in primary, two weeks in secondary.