linked spices article
* '''Traditional Mead''' - made from honey, yeast and water - literally a wine made from honey.
* '''Melomel''' - Meads that have been flavored with additional fruits such as peach, blackberry, plum, apple, pear or others. Specific variations include Cyser, [[Braggot]] and Pyment.
* '''Metheglin''' - Meads made with spices to cover the flavor of fermentation.
* '''Cyser''' - Meads made with apples and honey, a type of melomel.
* '''Pyment''' - Meads made with grapes and honey, a type of melomel.