709 bytes added
14:20, 1 July 2006
== Simcoe Hops ==
Simcoe is best characterized as having a pronounced pine or woodsy aroma. It is a bittering hop ranging from 12 to 14% AAU that also imparts its characteristic aroma. The cultivar was bred by Yakima Chief in the USA. It is sometimes described as being "like cascade, but more bitter - and with pine."
* Typical Use : Bittering with Aroma
* Alpha Acid : 12 to 14% AAU
* Origination : USA
* Commercial Examples : Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
* Characteristics : Clean, Bitter, sometimes described as Citrus
* Styles : American Pale Ale, American IPA
* Similar Hops : none - it is "like cascade" but not enough to make cascade a suitable substitue.
Retrieved from "
Barley Crusher Sale
Adv in Homebrewing